General programming and development
- The half-baked semi-technical clients (4/28/2013) - The most time-consuming kind of clients is not the kind who don't know anything about technology but the kind who think they know what it takes...
- What if … you can see the future? (3/25/2013) - What was it like Two years ago, when I just started exploring my first job after graduation, I was very fortunate to be part of Anideo – A development lab where I was free to explore many new technologies. Not only I had the chance to get my hand dirty with new programming languages including [...]
- Damn it, i’ll opensource, just buy me coffee instead (6/7/2012) - I started writing a custom control for iOS since about a week ago. The initial idea was that it’s going to be part of a bigger application that I will be working on and it’s going to be a versatile and reusable component that could potentially save countless number of hours for other developers as [...]
- Semi-modal view with better context (5/4/2012) - But what if we could do better by adopting the same interaction by the date selector component? What if we need to somehow keep most of the context visible while presenting user with supplementary controls for adjusting behaviors of the context?
- Dear business people, an iOS app actually takes a lot of work! (1/31/2012) - The big question: How much does an iPhone app cost? This is a very common question that I’m asked by a lot of my business-oriented friends and non-tech savvy clients. Without fail, every single time I gave my initial estimation before even locking down the specs, I received that shocked expression because of the unexpected [...]
- Visualized Git practices for team: branch, merge, rebase (1/28/2012) - Even long-time git users found it hard to explain all the concepts to a beginner clearly especially on rebasing topic. So, out of frustration of having to explain it again and again, I hope this post will help you visualized the 3 very important concepts for your team and something you can copy & paste it to your next intern.
Recent posts on iOS
- Damn it, i’ll opensource, just buy me coffee instead (6/7/2012)
- KNMultiItemSelector – A multi-item selector/picker (6/7/2012)
- Boilerplate Facebook application for iPhone (5/13/2012)
- UX ≠ UI (5/10/2012)
- Semi-modal view with better context (5/4/2012)
- KNSemiModal Category for iOS (5/4/2012)
- UI responsiveness: OSX vs. Windows, iOS vs. Android (3/30/2012)
- Dear business people, an iOS app actually takes a lot of work! (1/31/2012)
- Understanding M-VC in iOS (1/28/2012)
- PHP/Rails to iOS, what are .h and .m files? (1/21/2012)
- rebooting 2013… half a year of change (3/4/2013) - If there’s one photo to describe my whereabout the past half year would be the one above: juggling between Singapore and Ho Chi Minh. A lot has happened since July 2012. It’s been a short yet life-altering couple of months for me and everyone else involved. No one was even close to predicting anything that [...]
- End of 2011, the Lunar New Year version (1/23/2012) - It’s the new year of 2012, lunar calendar that is. In case you are not aware, in my culture, Lunar New Year celebration is a huge thing, as many as 3 days off before and 7 days off after, like in China. So while having a few days off, I thought I should write something [...]
- Hi! (1/1/2012) - A few years ago when I was searching for my own domain, I found this domain but after a few hours trying to borrow a creditcard (I didn’t have one then), the domain was already bought by the f**king stupid networksolutions.com I used to check for availability. I didn’t want to be ripped off by [...]